I cannot recommend the Bahamas more...Bahamas, common' pretty mamas ;)
The Bahamas makes my mouth drool and wish I could bathe in the warm sunshine and dive head first into the warm crystal blue waters every weekend, waters that simply are on another level of beauty. Luckily, I am a hop, skip and a jump from Nassau flying a short hour from Miami, FL. Even luckier, one of my close friends from college just moved to the Bahamas, so here are recommendations from a Nassau local!
1. Beachside lunch at The Ocean Club at the Four Seasons: Begin your weekend in paradise by sipping on an refreshing Aperol Spritz, overlooking the saturated blue ocean while dining on fresh ceviche and delicious seafood samplers. I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon, except maybe adding a beach nap after lunch on the fine sand beach which is just a step away!
Snap some shots with this stunning background as the setting is just perfect in the afternoon under these beach umbrellas!
2. Watch the sunset at Blue Sail Restaurant & Beach Bar: As we walked into the serene setting of white table tops and blue linens, we were welcomed with live reggae music, which was really the cherry on top, as we took in the spectacular views. I wouldn't say the food is the best on the island but the ambiance is incredible. Sunset is the best lighting, so take some breathtaking pictures on the dock over the baby blue waters. Tip: bring insect reppellent and wear long pants/sleeves, the bugs are no joke at this location and I'm still itching!
3. Go snorkeling to see the underwater statues & sunken ships at Clifton Snorkel Beach: Bring your GoPro, you won't want to miss these underwater captures! Tip: buy some fish food at the center to get up close and personal with bright colored fish!
4. Spend the night at the SLS Baha Mar
Dinner at Cleo Mediterranean: honestly one of my favorite restaurants ever, we ordered everything on the menu and I'm still dreaming of the Haloumi dish!
After dinner cocktails at Monkey Bar: As you step out of Cleo, you'll find yourself in the perfect place as this lounge turns up with music to get the night going! Or go upstairs to Sky Bar: for a beautiful view of the property!
Bond Nightclub: not going to lie, we ended up here a couple nights during the weekend to dance the night away!
5: Breakfast at Louis & Steen's New Orleans colorful Coffeehouse is worth the stop for a delicious breakfast, flaky pastries, lunch and coffee! With plenty of outdoor, this cute coffee house is a must!
6. Sunset at Compass Point Beach: when you think Bahamas, you think colorful colonial houses. Make sure you stop by this spot to take some dreamy Bahamian pictures against the bright huts set against the goregous beach.
7. Rent a boat to go to Rose Island with Sun Up Sun Down Charters!
Outfits by Baliawear